Submitted by jcbutcher on
Who am I?
My name is John Butcher. I am a retired academic.
In a few months from now I will be 90. I live in quite a large house with enough space for a helper. The spare bedroom is close to a second bathroom.
I live a quiet life and mainly spend my time working on my computer and listening to (classical) music.
I do not drink alcohol and my house is smoke-free.
Although I live alone, I have a friend who comes to stay with me for a few days each week.
When I am by myself, I don't venture past the front gate on my own, because of safety concerns.
The help I need
I am interested in finding a helper to live in my house rent-free in exchange for helping me in various ways, A partial list of possible items is as follows
- Keep an eye on me for possible falls or other difficulties I might have, related to my age and poor mobility
- Help me with meals on the days nobody else is in the house
- Encourage me to get the exercise I need
- Put out the rubbish bins
- Accompany me to medical, and similar appointments, to make sure I am safe
- Keep the house clean and tidy
- Wash dishes using a dishwasher
- Wash clothes occasionally using a washing machine
- Help me clear one of the rooms from junk and refurbish this room
I have no idea if anybody would be interested in taking on an arrangement like this. It might be interesting for a student who needs a place to stay but wouldn't mind helping me in the ways I have described.
Contact me to find more information
If you are interested, and want to find out more, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log in to post comments